MODEL QUESTION PAPER
DEVELOPMENT ECONOMICS-I: PAPER-5.2 (A) (PART-A)
Time: 3 hours Max. Marks:90
1. Answer any ten of the following question in 5 or 6 sentence each: 2x10=20
a) Define economic development.
b) Mention the importance of HDI.
c) Distinguish between exhaustible and non-exhaustible resources
d) Give any two reasons for air pollution
e) Suggest two measures for protecting wild life and forests
f) State governmental measures to protect bio-diversity.
g) What are the different concepts of human capital formation?
h) Distinguish between tied-aid and untied-aid.
i) State any two advantages of labour intensive technology.
j) Mention the different sources of capital formation.
k) Define investment criteria
l) Expand P.Q.L.I
Answer any four of the following questions in 15-20 sentences each. 5x5=25
2. Explain the economic factors in economic development.
3. Discuss the need to create awareness to protect environment
4. Bring out two limitations of deficit finance as a source of development finance.
5. Explain SMP criterion.
6. Briefly explain the role of entrepreneur in economic development.
7. Explain the concept of gender employment, What is its importance in economic development?
Answer any four of the following questions in four to five pages each 15x3=45
8. Distinguish between economic growth and economic development. Evaluate the measurements of economic development.
9. Explain the role of government and NGO’s in preventing environmental decay.
10. Describe the components of manpower planning.
11. Discuss the importance of foreign aid as a source of development finance.
12. Discuss the role of technology in economic development. Mention the problems associated with the transfer of technology in under developed countries.